This trip shows how (and why) to pray! October 2nd through 4th we were driving from De Ridder, Louisiana to Fredericksburg, Virginia for a three week stay in Virginia visiting churches. This trip really showed how and why to pray for travelerers.
We did get there when we planned and had a wonderful times of worship at Mt. Zion Baptist and Children of Light churches in Fredericksburg. It is always great to worship with longtime partners in the ministry.
- Pray for provision
- We discovered the day before we had to leave we had to buy Mike an affordable suit. God not only provided one in our price range.
- The shop owner did not wait on us, but he was listening in. He gave us a dress shirt free, saying, "God bless your ministry!"
- The seamstress was able to do the alterations in the short timewe had and reduced the price because we were in ministry. (Without being asked.)
- Pray for safety
- We discovered one of our tires began to leaking suddenly while we were suit shopping and it had to be replaced. the inside of the tread was almost entirely separated. If it had blown out on the road it would have been very dangerous.
- Pray for smooth travel
- We got into a giant backup in Mississippi as a result of a big accident. And again in Chattanooga. And we drove through a lot of rain and wind. We thought it was because of the hurricane but it was actually a different storm. We would up spending many more hours on the road than we had intended or expected.
- Pray for accommodations
- We had to stay in hotels on this trip, and on our last leg of the trip it proved nearly impossible to find a decent hotel at a reasonable price. We wound up getting one much further down the road than we wanted. We ended up driving until past midnight in a torrential rain. We must have reserved one of the last rooms, because when we arrived there were no vacancies!
- Pray for contacts
- Remember the clothing store owner and the seamstress above? At one stop we also met a young girl planning to go on her first mission trip. There are always people along the way that God wants us to meet.
| Fall 2015 Ministry Needs |
(The full list with details is published at riggsreport.org)
Let this list be your prayer strategy guide as you are praying for our ministry.
- Bibles for conference attendees and for needy Christians.
- Christmas gift donations for poor children in the mountains who are not reached by other ministries.
- Projectors and laptops for conference presenters that work with us.
- A conference ministry coordinator to handle the logistics of a nationwide conference ministry.
- Camera and reproduction equipment for Skype and DVDs to expand the reach of the ministry.
- Furniture, equipment, and a location for our household and ministry office in the city of Cusco.
- US Health Insurance
- Return tickets to Peru.
- Good health.
- Ability to clearly articulate the needs.
- Sensitivity to the Lord's leading as we talk with US churches, both new ones and longtime supporters.
Post a Comment